Update from Excite Management

Dear Excite User:

As you may know, we recently purchased Excite.com from the soon to be defunct @Home Corporation. We've worked tirelessly for the past six weeks rebuilding the site (without access to the code, software or hardware that previously ran Excite) and launched the new Excite last week. As Excite's biggest fans, our mission remains clear: restore the site to its former glory.

We are happy to report that the transition has gone extremely well - frankly, given the complexity of the technology involved, better than we could have possibly imagined. In fact, over 98% of Excite members have been successfully migrated to the new Excite. @Home was unable to provide member data on the remaining 2%, but in most cases we have successfully reserved the member name and password to facilitate registration.

So, what's next? Well, two things.

ENHANCEMENTS: We are busy reading all of the feedback you have given us. As a result, you will see enhancements to the site over the next few days and weeks. Specific areas that will reflect your feedback in the very near-term are:
  • TV listings
  • College scores
  • Weather
  • Portfolio
  • Cartoons
EXCITE EMAIL: While we're now operating the Excite web site, @Home is still managing the Excite email operations. This will soon change. Over the next week, we will begin the process of migrating millions of Excite email accounts from @Home to the new Excite. What does this mean to you?
  • Importantly, your member name and password will not change.
  • You should see your address books and email preferences at the time of transition.
  • You will also be able to receive and send emails through the transition.
  • Needless to say, this is a massive project - @Home needs to migrate literally hundreds of millions of emails in a very short timeframe. While we are confident this will be a smooth transition, if there are any messages in your inbox that are critical over the next few days, you may want to save them on your computer. Better safe than sorry.
Thank you again for your understanding and support as we complete this transition. Let us know what you think. We look forward to serving you today and every day.

- The New Excite Team



Return to Excite home page
Problems Signing In?
Frequently Asked Questions